[SECC] SS Phone de NE4S

Subject: [SECC] SS Phone de NE4S
From: mcondon@attglobal.net (Michael Condon)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:40:43 -0500
First Sweep!

Started out on low power, using the telnet connection with WriteLog to jump
multipliers.
The only antenna still is the trusty G5RV up in the oaks, hiding like a
fugitive.
The spots made quick work of finding the "new ones".
Last section was WTX, worked Sunday morning at 9 AM local time.
RI and ND were holdouts too.

Sunday morning the AL-572 linear was added to run about 500W.

To my amazement, I was able to run and hold on 14153 for 4 hours
continuously with a good rate.
The best hourly rate was 103, at 9-10 AM, the other hours were all 80 or 90
too.
The long exchanges seem to limit the max rate somewhat in this contest.
A move to the general part of 20M produced the same results, a good run.

I got QRM from carriers and strings of "dits" from time to time.
There was even a slow scan dumped in once well off the SSTV freq.

Sleep and family time limited total time to 18 hours.

Results:

Single OP, Unlimited, High Power, 18 Hours operating time:

40M 213 Qs, 25 Sections
20M 786 Qs, 32 Sections
15M   2 Qs,  2 Sections
10M  27 Qs, 21 Sections

   1028 Qs, 80 Sections
Total score:   164,480

Last station worked was K9AY, from the frozen north of WI.
Several SECCers were logged too.

My Karma is now used up here at home, and has gone into negative accounting.
I must see many "chic flicks" to make amends.
Perhaps even reading that book about "Mars and Venus" is needed.
(Actually, Joan/K9EGA is cool with it all.)

73,
Mike, NE4S