[SECC] KU8E - CQWW CW SOAB LP

Subject: [SECC] KU8E - CQWW CW SOAB LP
From: ku8e@bellsouth.net (Jeff Clarke)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:26:06 -0500
     2002 CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST

     Call used: KU8E                                           Location: 05

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW               Power: Low

     Callsign of Operator(s):

     Exchanged Information: KU8E RST 05

     Hours of Operation:  About 10 hours

     band    QSOs   points    zones     ctys
     ---------------------------------------
     160         0         0           0         0
      80        33        79        10      22
      40      140      390       17       65
      20       62       171       17       41
      15       57       153       16       25
      10       56       151       18       36
     ---------------------------------------
     TOTAL    348      944       78      189         SCORE: 252,048

Did maybe about 10 hours from home. Spent Saturday morning /early afternoon at
K4EA's
Multi-op.
Looking back I kind of wish I would of maybe just done a 40 meter single band
as low
power. I seemed to be
getting out pretty good on that band even though I was LP... plus condx were
really
good.  I heard RA0CG in zone 19 for hours on end on 40 meters, but could never
get
through. I didn't seem to be the only one since he couldn't hear most of the US
stations calling him - despite having a 10db over S9 signal. He must either be
running lots of gas or he is just plain DEAF !!!!  Had the same problem with
J3A on
80 meters too...

                            73's Jeff

Jeffrey D. Clarke 770-218-0278 email : ku8e@bellsouth.net