[SESprint] Re: [SECC] SE Sprinters Thursday

Subject: [SESprint] Re: [SECC] SE Sprinters Thursday
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon Feb 10 11:08:11 2003
Hello all:

Thanks to W4PA and N2NL for asking me to join on Team #4 even though I
knew in advance my time would be limited.  I got in 27 minutes at the
beginning and 31 minutes at the end of the contest.  In between, I took
my wife to the theatre. We bought "season" tickets to a variety series
at our Rivertown Center here some months ago without a lot of thought as
to what the dates might signify.

Here are the results:

20      25
40      22
80      43
ALL     90 x 29 = 2610.

It was nice to find the IOTA island expedition station XF1K working the
contest.  I started on 40 and changed to 20 after 9 minutes and 10
QSOs.  Upon returning home, the only station heard in the test on 20 was
LU1FAM, so I went directly to 40 for 8 QSOs in 5 minutes and then on to
80 for the time remaining.  Band conditions seemed to me to be good for
Sprint purposes except for the QRM from the RTTY Contest on 40 M.  Hope
everyone had fun.  Congrats to W4AN (K4AAA) for the big score!

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, QSK, 1 KW output, TH6DXX, dipole for 40, inverted
vee dipole for 80.

73,

John, K4BAI.