[SECC] AA4GA - ARRL DX CW

Subject: [SECC] AA4GA - ARRL DX CW
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Sun Feb 16 20:23:29 2003
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: AA4GA

Class: SOAB Low Power

  160:
   80:   30    25
   40:  178    62
   20:  269    74
   15:  337    75
   10:  303    77
-------------------
Total: 1117   313  Total Score = 1,048,863

I checked the SO2R box, but mostly used the 2nd radio for QSYing...I
forgot to turn down the sidetones before the contest - one was
especially loud -

so I couldn't hear much on the 2nd radio when the 1st was sending.
That's the worst thing about those doggone FT-990s - you have to take
the cover off to adjust the sidetone level!

I operated more than I thought I would, but got late starts both
mornings and did some piddling around...I'd guess 28 hours maybe.  If
I'd thought I was going to operate that much, I'd have done more
CQing earlier...just enjoyed tuning around calling folks.

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia