[SECC] ARRL DX Contest from W4KZ, single band 15 M

Subject: [SECC] ARRL DX Contest from W4KZ, single band 15 M
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Mon Feb 17 18:47:07 2003
On 17 Feb 2003 at 15:18, John Laney wrote:

> The ninth QSO was with D88S.  I knew he was a Korean station on or near
> Antarctica and the logging program thought he was in Korea.

I thought he was awfully loud for HL....guess I worked him off the
back of the antenna!

> I guessed it was Antarctica, so entered D88=CE9 and that cured the
> problem, or so I thought.  Very late in the contest, I worked LZ0A in
> So. Shetlands and, after the contest, figured out that D88S was also
> So. Shetlands, so my country total is actually one less than what we
> had posted at the end of the contest.

Dang, I lost one too then!

Next thing you're going to tell me is that S21YY wasn't in
Bangladesh....

> 2005Z:  Missed 4U1ITU for a mult on 21081.  AA4GA was calling him too,
> but guess he was just going QRT.

I assume they QSYed...I worked 'em on 10, 20 and 40.  15 was the
weakest I heard them...I suppose because it was as late as it
was...they sent "GA?" once or twice before John got there, but by
then it was just too late.  I don't recall that they've ever been
able to receive really well...maybe a function of their QTH...

Oh well...

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia