[SECC] Speach Software Search

Subject: [SECC] Speach Software Search
From: SavageBR at aol.com (SavageBR@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 4 07:47:46 2003
A friend does not have the ability to speak or use his right hand. He can
write or type with his left hand. I am looking for a software program that
will convert typed text in to speech. The opposite of voice recognition
software. The intent is for him to be able to talk with others by typing into
a PDA or notebook PC and convert the text to speech.

He is currently using a rather large (2x5x12 inch) device that has about 10
or 12 preprogrammed messages with a button for each message. But it is
difficult to change the programming so he is severely limited.

Does anyone know of a software package I should look at?

Thanks
Bruce  AA4Z