[SECC] Bargain

Subject: [SECC] Bargain
From: k4sb at earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Tue Mar 11 16:24:40 2003
Troops, I recently received a new motherboard with 3 ISA slots ( DOS
guys never die )
and was trying to get a PII or PIII for it.

Made a call to Delta Electronics on Roswell Rd in Marietta (
770-579-1212 ) and Dave told me no way he could order either. BUT, he
mentioned he had a bunch of used Compaq's
which had a PII at 400 Mhz, and a PIII at 600 Mhz.

Price for the PII is $100 and for the PIII, $129.

Now for the good part. Each machine has a 8 + HD, video card, floppy,
cdrom, 2 usb ports, 2 comm ports, 1 lpt port, 1 sound card, mouse and
keyboard plugs AND 2 ISA slots. 64 MB of memory. In other words, hook
up the keyboard, mouse and monitor, and it should take off. 30 day
guarantee.

Anyway, I bought 2 of the PIII's, installed my new MB in a new case,
took the PIII out of 1, put it in the new MB, and it took off like a
charm.

So, if you're an old DOS guy like me, it's perfect for CT, NA, TR,
ect.

FYI
73
Ed