[SECC] Latest GQP Rover Update

Subject: [SECC] Latest GQP Rover Update
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Sun Apr 13 09:52:36 2003
On 12 Apr 2003 at 0:08, Lee Hiers wrote:

> I should be on...most likely Sunday or later on Saturday.  Probably
> just Rabun, White, Habersham and Stephens, but maybe some of the
> Fannin/Gilmer/Pickens/Dawson/Lumpkin/Towns/Union group too.

I got on around 0000Z or a little before and worked from
Habersham/Stephens/Rabun/White counties.  I heard someone giving a
report from Lumpkin and read a message on the reflector that
indicated someone was active in Dawsonville, so I definitely won't
head over that way today.  Odds are I won't get on at all today at
all however.

Big pileup in Habersham, smaller in Stephens, then much smaller in
Rabun (I blame K4GA!) and finally a little more activity from White,
but it was around 0200Z by then, and I only had a 20m antenna.  I
listened a little on 40 while driving and heard lots of folks working
K4BAI and N4PN...40 would have been better at that time, but hard to
work 40 mobile with a 20m antenna!

I think I ended up with about 65 QSOs or so.  I only CQed from each
county for about 15 minutes before moving on.

Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia