[SECC] K4BAI/M 2003 GA QSO Party - Further Statistics

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI/M 2003 GA QSO Party - Further Statistics
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri Apr 18 15:18:05 2003
Hello all:

As you may know, Jeff, KU8E, and I made 1845 QSOs on CW from his car as
K4BAI/M in GQP last weekend working 40, 20, 15 and 10.  I was wondering
yesterday if anyone had worked us in all 42 counties.  I reviewed the 42
separate NA computer logs that we had created and came up with the
answer and other statistical information that was interesting to me and
I hope will be of passing interest to you.  I guess I was doing this, in
part, to make up for the disappointment I felt when I got the first ARRL
Sweepstakes report in QST without the linescores.  I almost made the top
10 and it was disappointing not to see my call in the magazine.
Somehow, it isn't the same on the website and I don't have the endurance
to spend much time looking at scores on a computer screen.

The short answer is, yes, there was one station who worked us in all
counties. He is a relative newcomer to contesting, VE3NBJ.  We had 46
QSOs with him, including all 42 counties.  There were 17 other stations
who worked us in at least half of the 42 counties, including 3
Europeans!

Stations working K4BAI/M in 21 or more counties:

Call    Section Counties        QSOs (if different from county total)
VE3NBJ  ON      42              46
W7UT    UT      41              60  (formerly N4VZ from Atlanta)
W6OAT   CA      40              75* (formerly K4BVD from Columbus)
K5OT    WI      39              41  (formerly of SECC when in Atlanta)
K5YAA   OK      38              54
W9WUU   WI      37              39
W7OM    WA      34              41
W3TDF   PA      33              35
W3DYA   TX      30              31 (has operated mobile in GA for GQP)
K8MR    OH      30
WA3HAE  PA      29              34
DL6KVA  DX      29              33
K0CIE   OK      26
VA3DF   ON      25
VE9DX   NB      24              33
VE1OP   NS      24              34
DL5ME   DX      22              27
OK2PAY  DX      22              25

*W6OAT had more QSOs with K4BAI/m in 2003 GQP than anyone else.

Please note than these figures were extracted by hand from the 42
separate computer logs and there may be some minor errors.  The total of
QSOs from the 42 logs is 1845 and I only had 1842 when I added up the
total from the following table, so there may be some minor errors.

Leaders in each call area by number of counties they worked K4BAI/M in
and statistics for each call area:

Area    Different Stns  QSOs    Stns with Top County totals     Counties/Qs
USA 1   18               82     KB1IAH MA and W1TEE CT          20
USA 2   22              113     NA2X NY                         18
USA 3   28              172     W3TDF PA                        33/35
USA 4   28               77     NF4A FL                         15
USA 5   27              211     K5YAA OK                        38/54
USA 6   19              122     W6OAT CA                        40/75
USA 7   13              209     W7UT UT                         41/60
USA 8   19               91     K8MR OH                         30
USA 9   27              212     K5OT WI                         39/41
USA 0   18               78     K0ZT CO                         18/20
VE      10              180     VE3NBJ                          42/46
DX      32              295     DL6KVA                          29/33

Here are the calls in the log per call area with the number of counties
and the number of QSOs if they worked us on one than one band in a given
county.

USA 1

Call    Counties        QSOs if higher than county total
KB1IAH  20
W1TEE   20
W1END   15
AB1J    10
W1TO     9
K5ZD     6
AD1C     2
K1BX     1
WA1CQF   1
N1DG     1
N2EA     1
W1EQ     1
N1HLZ    1
W1JR     1
K1LTJ    1
N1UR     1
K1VLB    1
W1WEF    1

USA 2

NA2X    18
N2CQ    17      19
W2CVW   14
W2EZ    12
WB2ABD  11
WB2LOS  10
WA2BQI   7
WA2VQV   3
KC2AFK   2
KA2BZS   2
W2ED     2
W2LE     2
N2MM     2
WA2AXD   1
N2ED     1
WA2HZT   1
NW2J     1
WB2JFP   1
N2LT     1
N2NBJ    1
W2OIB    1
K2QPN    1

USA 3

W3TDF   33      35
WA3HAE  29      34
WD3P    18      19
W3BYX   16      17
WA3AAN  12
W1NN    12
AA3B     8
K3WW     5
K3JHT    3
K3ZV     3
AA0CY    2
W8FJ     2
N3HCN/M  2
NG3K     2
N3KN     2
N3RJ     2
W3CQB    1
N3DG     1
K3GY     1
AD8J     1
W3JAA    1
AA1K/M   1
WC3O     1
W3RJ     1
W3RSR    1
K3TW     1
N3VJV    1
W3WH     1

USA 4

NF4A    15
WA4PXP  12      14
W4OV    10
K8IJ     6
WA3GNW   4
K4LOG    3
W4NZ     2
W4SKW    2
W4TYU    2
K4ADV    1
AI2C     1
W4DD     1
K6ETM    1
K4GA     1
W1IBQ    1
K5KG     1
K4LTA    1
N4NTO    1
N4OA     1
WT4PF    1
W4SAA    1
K2UFT    1
ND4V     1
N4VA     1
KK4VN    1
KB4XK    1
N4XP/7   1
W4ZYT    1

USA 5

K5YAA   38      54
W3DYA   30      31
K0CIE   26
K5AV    20
W5TZN   20
NO5W    12      13
KG5U    10      11
W5FO     5
K5KS     5
N5OT     3
KZ5D     2
W5LJW    2
K4NR     2
K5NZ     2
K5PI     2
KV5Y     2
N3BB     1
KE5C     1
KR5C     1
W5CEG    1
K1DW     1
KI5GX    1
N5ION    1
W6LFB    1
W5RK     1
W5VFO    1
W5ZR     1

USA 6

W6OAT   40      75
W6TZD    8      10
N7CW     5
WN6K     5
NO6X     5
N6ZFO    3       4
K6LA     2
K2RD     2       4
W7SW     2
N6AA     1
N6CW     1
W6KY     1
KG6PHD   1
N7RC     1
K8RD     1
W6RKC    1
KA6SAR   1
W6TH     1
K6XV     1       2

USA 7

W7UT    41      60
W7OM    34      41
AB7RW   20      23
KS5A    19      23
K0EVE   18      24
K7VAY    8
N7NX     7
K7REL    6
KD7AEE   5      (op Dave, W7FB/NC7W/NJ4X, formerly W0MHS in Atlanta)
K7QQ     5       6
K7SS     2       3
K7TQ     1
W7UQ     1       2  (op Chris, KL9A, who is about to visit Atlanta)

USA 8

K8MR    30
NU8Z    10
WX3M     8
W8WVU    6
W8UE     5
KB6NU    4
K8SIA    4
N8VW     4
K5IID    3
K8NZ     3
N8BJQ    2
K8IW     2
K8JQ     2
W8RU     2
NK8V     2
N4DB     1
W8DO     1
W8ERN    1
K8KFJ    1

USA 9

K5OT    39      41
W9WUU   37      39
K9CW    19      21
W9MSE   19      20
W9RE    19      23
W9SE    12
W9HB/M  10
N9JF    10      12
K9WA     5
WT9U     4
AB9E     3
K9QVB    3
W9MYY    2
N9RV     2
K9UIY    2
K9UQN    2
W9AEM    1
KC9ARR   1
KJ9C     1
N9CK     1
K9CS     1
AA9PB    1
K9PG     1
N9RD     1
K9RS     1
N9UM     1
K9ZO     1

USA 0

K0ZT    18      20
WN8P    13
K0OU    12
K0AD     5
W0GXQ/M  5
KE0G     3
K0HW     3
N0IM     3
K0FM     2
W0TNA    2
KI7WO    2
NY0Y     2
K0AAA    1
N0AC     1
K0AV     1
K0DG     1
K0XD     1
KF0Z     1

Canada

VE3NBJ  42      46
VA3DF   25
VE9DX   24      33
VE1OP   24      34
VE3WZ   19
VA3IX   17
VE1WT    2
VE3XD    2
VA3ATT   1
VE3MGY   1

DX

DL6KVA  29      33
DL5ME   22      27
OK2PAY  22      25
HA7UG   19
HA0DU   19
DL5MC   16      21
DL0ERF  15      19
G3LAS   14
OZ8ABE  14
SP4JWR  14      16
LY3BA   11
DL8MLD  10
G3WPF   10
RK2FWA   9
DL5AWI   8       9
OK1AOV   7
G4KHG    4
HA3NU    4
I4IKW    4
7S3A     3
HA5FA    2
PA5TT    2       3
PJ1/WI9WI 2
YT1UM    2
DF1BN    1
G5LP     1
HA8FW    1
I2WIJ    1
OK1FCA   1
PA0ABM   1
S58N     1
SP9AQY   1

Well, I hope that was interesting to some.  The others have already
deleted it.

Jeff, KU8E, and I would like to thank each station listed for the
QSO(s).  Jeff will be QRV with W8UE as KU8E/M in the Florida QSO Party
on the weekend of April 26 and 27.  I hope many of you will work them
along with the other Florida stations on that weekend.  Jeff and I will
try to work your regional or state contests also and do our part to say
thanks that way.

Please submit logs to jshort@mindspring.com or Jeff Short, KD3UC, 5106
Cypress Ct., Alpharetta, GA  30005 by May 17, 2003.  List of logs
received and, later, results will be posted on the website:
http://gqp.contesting.com.

73,

John, K4BAI.