[SECC] This weekend's contests

Subject: [SECC] This weekend's contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu Apr 24 11:53:19 2003
Hello all:

There are a number of interesting contests this weekend.  I will be out
of town beginning Saturday AM, but will give out some QSOs on Saturday
as time permits.

1.  H26 Contest from Switzerland.  13 UTC Sat to 13 UTC Sunday.  CW,
SSB, or digital (RTTY plus PSK31) or only one of the modes.  Exchange:
Send RS or RST plus number beginning with 001.  Receive same plus
abbreviation of the Swiss canton.  Work only Swiss stations.

2. QRP to the Field.  15 to 24 UTC Saturday.  run 5 watts or less.  Send
RST + SPC.  Some may enjoy a contest in which most stations actually
exchange real signal reports.  They are encouraging operations from the
field from "ghost towns."

3.  Nebraska QSO Party.  I received a nice plaque today from the 2002
NQP.  My e-mail message to thank them for it was returned undelivered.
17 UTC Sat to 17 UTC Sunday.  Exchange:  RS or RST and State or Ne
county.  There is a power multiplier that is new this year.
Frequencies:  35 up, 1805, and on SSB, 1915, 3865, 7265, 14265, 21365,
28465.

4.Florida QSO Party.  This is a big one.  Look especially for SECC
member KU8E mobile with W8UE.  16 UTC Sat to 02 UTC Sunday and 12 to 22
UTC Sun.
Send RS/RST and State or Fla County.

73,

John, K4BAI.