[SECC] 2003 Holyland Contest

Subject: [SECC] 2003 Holyland Contest
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Sat Apr 26 00:16:42 2003
Spent a short time in the Holyland (4X) Contest last weekend.

K4JRB  SSB All Band
24 QSOs
26 Points
20 Multiplier

520 points

Band      QSOs   Points
40            2            4
20            9            9
15          11           11
10            2            2

Conditions were not too good and I missed the 10 meter opening,  Signals on
15 were weak and when the band was open on 20 the 4X stations seemed to be
elsewhere.  When they finally showed up at 0430Z Saturday AM on 20 most were
little better than back scatter.  I listened to a couple of K2's work
stations I could barely hear.  K9ES in Florida was actually running 4X's who
often were not readable here. Finally on Saturday afternoon between 1930 and
2100 I worked 5 stations with good signals.  With the band wide open between
2130 and 2359Z only 2 more 4X stations were heard and worked.

Dave K4JRB