[SECC] Some wind damage

Subject: [SECC] Some wind damage
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Fri Jul 25 00:21:25 2003
The wind that blew through on Tuesday did some damage to my KT34XA.  The
front tri-band director was turned sideways and about 20 degrees vertical.
One side is Ok but vertical but the other side is bent about 2 feet out on
the  main aluminum tube at about 50 degrees.  Looks like I will need a 1" by
72" piece of aluminum.  I looked through the manuals and updates but no
mention of the type of aluminum (suspect 6061).  Any one have any ideas?

I also lost one side of my 80 meter half square.  Fixed that and the other
side broke off pulling it up.

My neighbor lost two big trees and I have not found any other damage.  I do
notice the parasitic 10 meter element on the KT34XA is slightly off
horizontal but that is it.  Sure must have been some wind on the director to
actually twist the boom to element clamp and bend the 1" aluminum.

73 Dave K4JRB