[SECC] Another take on Hiram Percy Maxim

Subject: [SECC] Another take on Hiram Percy Maxim
From: scottstraw at mindspring.com (Scott Straw)
Date: Tue Jan 13 19:02:03 2004
Ed said: Comments: Omni blew fuse. RX OK, but if PTT asserted, fuse blows
again. Just had this problem repaired at Ten Tec about 3 months ago.
Trouble then was finals going into uncontrolled oscillation.
----------------------------------
Jeff said: Comments:   I knew I might only get in maybe  9 - 9 1/2 hours
since we had a birthday party planned for my 3 year old son , down at
Chuckie Cheese in Columbus. I took my first off time around 3:15 and we are
out the door on the way down in 10 mins....  We get in Columbus and the
traffic comes to a halt.... This is not Atlanta folks so it must of been
something big.....   It turns out a gas tanker truck exploded on the
freeway, right near the airport and they are directing traffic off the
freeway.  All the roads are grid locked !!!   What should of been a 25 min
drive into town takes over an hour.
Hiram Percy Max?im (1869-1936) - the Father of amateur radio.

max?im n. - A succinct formulation of a fundamental principle, general
truth, or rule of conduct.
Ed and Jeff,
You were  victims of "The Hiram Percy Maxim".... Conflicts, interruptions,
and equipment problems will always manage to manifest themselves most
profoundly around amateur radio contests.

Just be consoled with the oft repeated phrase, "If it was easy, everybody
would do it."

I'm going to give a go at NAQP SSB (this coming weekend?), but it will be
from the van again since the inside setup isn't ready yet.  I'll be on with
a TS-120 into a Hustler with a "candelabra" of resonators on 80, 40, 20,
and 15.   I was running around town with the 10m resonator on the stick,
and hit a low over hang somewhere (there were several, so I don't know
which one) and broke it off.  I'll have to get another one from HRO soon.

Scott
KB4KBS