[SECC] Re: Invitation to join the radioamateurfoundation group

Subject: [SECC] Re: Invitation to join the radioamateurfoundation group
From: k4sb at earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Wed Jan 28 15:21:05 2004
FYI only
Ed

itslinger420@yahoo.com has invited you to join the
                     radioamateurfoundation group!
                         (This invitation will expire in 7 days.)
                     A message from bitslinger420@yahoo.com:
                                   Hello --
         I'd like to invite you to join in the fight for the future of
amateur radio, and for the  retaking of the ARRL executive.

The Radio Amateur Foundation discussion group is a grassroots movement
started because I fear what is going to happen to the hobby I care
about so
much. The objective is to take action, and pose a united front against
the
pecuniary interests that are dictating our future. We will develop an
alternative to
the recent proposed ARRL revamping of the amateur service with amateur
radio
in mind. We will also discuss, develop and execute strategy to retake
the ARRL
executive and elect active amateurs who deeply care about our hobby
and tradition.

This is a group where open discussion of ideas between like-minded
amateurs
can take place. Unlike the flame-wars on QRZ.COM where nothing gets
done,
the bias is admittedly towards retaining radiotelegrapy as a key
element in the
amateur service.

A draft of an alternative proposal is available within the group's
FILE's section.
Please take a look at it, and provide your honest, most constructive
critique. It
will be presented to the FCC as an alternative to the ARRL proposal.

I hope you will join in and offer you opinions. Please note, that I
just created this
group, so there is not much there yet.

                              73 and much respect
                               Robin Gist / K4VU