[SECC] TI8M Announcement

Subject: [SECC] TI8M Announcement
From: w4bd at w4bd.com (Bob Wilson)
Date: Thu Feb 12 21:27:41 2004
I wanted to let you all know of an upcoming, locally spawned DXpedition that's
coming up...and hey...I get to go too!

Myself and a group of guys from the Greater Atlanta area are again headed for
Costa Rica for the 2004 ARRL DX 'phone 'test.  Look for us signing as either
TI8/W4BD, TI8/K4UN or most likely with our contest call, TI8M.  We'll be up on
160-10m running M2 HP with a couple of small amps, a couple of yagis hanging in
the trees and tree elevated wires for the low bands.

We will be active before the 'test so look for us evenings on 20m around 14250
+/- and on 75m in or near the window.

This will be the third year we've made this trip and we really spare no
suffering to provide TI as a mult for you guys stateside.  A few of the
deprivations we endure are heat, humidity (no A/C in a beachfront
location...just beach views), monsoon rainfall, banditos, expensive everything,
bad water, malaria and dengue fever carrying mosquitoes, bad, expensive food,
warm, expensive beer on the beach...ok...I won't go on!

This is strictly an "out of a suitcase" operation but we do have fun.  The
location is classified but suffice it to say that we have to assemble
everything, operate, then dissemble and store everything "for next time".
Several other SECC members have participated previously but they are strictly
sworn to secrecy so don't even ask!

In short...Look for us...Work us on all bands...Spread the word (spots are good
for everyone!)...and remember...we're there for you!

Bob Wilson - W4BD