[SECC] 2nd radio qso's

Subject: [SECC] 2nd radio qso's
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue May 11 14:45:07 2004
It is almost like running a mult station in the CQ WW. In 1988 we ran M/S
from N4HOH and we used a 160 half loop and my station and worked so many
mults we almost won for 4 land. We were way behind in QSOs but the mults
made the difference.  The score was good enough for a 2nd place certificate
and only 20K below the winner. Not bad for a single tower TH7. 2 el 40 and
the loop. I remember we tied W0ZV single band winner's country total with
142 on 10.  Bill still mentions this.

There is a discussion on the writelog reflector about using S02V (the second
VFO).  With the appearance of the IC 7800 and now the FTDX 9000 this could
be a factor. Sure beats pushing two transceivers around each band.

Dave K4JRB