[SECC] This weekend's contests

Subject: [SECC] This weekend's contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed May 12 15:40:20 2004
Hello all:

No claimed scores received except my own from last weekend, so nothing
to report (for the first time since I agreed to start summarizing
claimed scores).

This coming weekend will bring a SSB county contest, an RTTY contest, a
QRP contest, and two international contests for those who aren't at
Dayton.  Of course, some of you may fly home from Dayton in time for the
end of some of the contest and a few of you (KU8E or N4GG/M) will be QRV
in the SSB County contest on Sunday while driving home.  Look for Jeff
and Hal and possibly others as they give out counties on the way home.
Jeff and Hal will also be QRV on the CW County Hunters Net as they go
north on Thursday.  This net meets on 14056.5 and stations sometimes QSY
to 7039, 21056.5 and 28056.5 to allow for different skip zones.

Contests for this weekend:

1.  2004 United States Counties QSO Party, SSB.  00Z Sat to 24Z Sun.
Exchanged:  RS + county + state (or RS + DX).  One station must be in a
US county to count for the contest.  Suggested frequencies:  3880, 7240,
14275, 21340, 28340 (fixed stations above and mobile stations below).
Stations on county lines count as one QSO and multiple county
multipliers.  http://www.stpaulisland.net/completerules.html.

2.  Portuguese Navy Day Contest.  08Z Sat to 23Z Sun.  Exchange RS(T) +
serial number from 001 regardless of band or mode.  80 - 10 M SSB/CW.
20, 15 and 10 M PSK31.  Single op only except for CQ5MGP.  One station
must be a CT, CT3, or CU.  http://www.qsl.net/cq5mgp/contest_rules.htm.

3.  CWJF Contest.  This is for South Americans only.  15Z Sat to 24Z
Sun.  When you hear South Americans calling "JF" on CW, forget it.  You
don't count and they won't answer unless you are in South America.

4.  Anatolian RTTY Contest.  18Z Sat to 21Z Sun.  RTTY (45 baud 170
khz).  80 - 10 M.  Exchange:  RST + serial number from 001.  Everyone
works everyone else.  http://www.qsl.net/ta9j/anatolianeng.htm.

5.  His Majesty King of Spain Contest CW.  18Z Sat to 18Z Sun.  Work EA
stations, including EA6, EA8, EA9.  CW only.  160 - 10 M.  Exchange:
RST + Province for EA stations (province = one or two letter
abbreviation).  RST + serial number from 001 for non-EA stations.  List
of provinces is available on the website.  I worked a number of EA
stations last year and found it to be fun.  The King of Spain is a ham
(EA0JC), but don't expect him to be active.
http://www.ure.es/hf/concursos/smelrey/basessmreyingles.pdf.

6.  ARCI Newcomer's Run.  18 to 20 Z Sat, May 15.  CW only. 160-10 M.
Exchange:  New or Elmer + SPC + QRPARCI #.  Non-member send power
instead of member #.  New = anyone who has not won an ARCI certificate
within the past year.  Elmer = anyone who has.  SPC count as multipliers
per band.  Suggested frequencies:  10 khz below to 5 khz above 1810,
3560, 7040, 14060, 21060, 28060 (please avoid FISTS frequencies at 058
and CW CHN at 056.5).  Bonus for club station K6JSS and for every 10
newcomers worked.  Team competition requires prior registration.
http://2hams.net/ARCI/Newcomers%20Run.htm.

I doubt I will get home in time to work anything.  Maybe the very last
hour of the SSB county hunters.  So, hope the rest of you will give out
GA multipliers in my absence.  Have a good weekend and a lot of contacts.

73,

John, K4BAI.