[SECC] [Fwd: This weekend's contests]

Subject: [SECC] [Fwd: This weekend's contests]
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri Jun 4 14:43:46 2004
Hello all:

Sorry to be later than usual in getting to the summary of this weekend's
contests.  Guess it is the result of this being a short week started by
Memorial Day.

1.  (Major) Six Club Contest.  Six meters.  23 UTC Friday June 4 to 02
UTC Mon June 7.  Exahange:  4 digit Grid Square (example EM72) +
optional 6 Club member #.  1 pt per QSO in own country and 2 pts per QSO
with another country, counting KH6 and KL7 as DX (I wish!).  QSO pts x
different grid squares worked.  http://6mt.com/contest.htm.  A log and
summary sheet may be downloaded from the website.

There is also an European Sporatic E contest on 6 meters this weekend.
Details on the WA7BNM contest page.  I've never heard an European myself
and doubt it would be Sporatic E propagation if I did.  I guess any QSO
would count though.

2.  IARU Region 1 FD and RSGB NFD.  Sat 15 UTC to Sun 15 UTC.  CW only.
  160-10 M.  Use the "contest preferred" segments, e.g., 3520-3560,
14010-14070.  Exchange RST + Serial #.  I always enjoy exchanging serial
numbers with the European FD stations and I know they appreciate the
points they get.  No need to submit a log since there are no awards for
stations outside Europe with one exception mentioned below.

The RESB solicits "check logs" from stations outside Europe and offers a
certificate to the station on each continent whose check log reflects
the biggest contribution to UK station points.
http://www.contesting.co.uk/hfcc/rules/rnfd.shtml.

3.  QRP TAC Sprint.  Saturday, June 5, 18 UTC to 2359 UTC.  80 - 10 M.
CW, SSB, PSK31.  Exchange:  RST + name + s/p/c + telephone area code.
Pa stations add "x" after their telephone area code and count for more
points.  Multipliers (TAC) per band.
http:www.n3epa.org/Pages/TAC-Contest.htm.  A log sheet may be downloaded
from the web page.  I have had some fun with QRP in this contest in the
past.

4.  World Radio Friends Day QSO Party.  Here is a contest that seems
designed to increase readership for World Radio magazine.  18 UTC Sat
June 5 to 18 UTC Sun June 6.  160 to 2 M + 220 mhz.  Exchange:  Name and
first three digits of US zip code or Canadian Province or DX county +
yes or no (you subscribe to WR or you don't).  SSB and CW (suggested CW
on the half hour).  Maximum of 16 hours of operation.  NA stations
limited to 150 watts.  Stations outside NA may run full legal power.
Log summary only required.  Form for log summary and zip code check list
may be downloaded from webpage.  http://wr6wr.com/newSite/.  Warning:  I
tried to download a copy of the rules and my computer started to print
out 340 pages, most of which seemed to be blank.  Best just to memorize
them.  I predict this very commercial contest will be a bust, but am
willing to be proven wrong.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a lot of QSOs.

For those of you who may have missed it, Bob, K4UEE's operation with
NP4FW from Chile last weekend used the callsign XR2F.  QSLs go via
Nancy, NK4U.

73,

John, K4BAI.