[SECC] IOTA - N4GG

Subject: [SECC] IOTA - N4GG
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jul 26 09:37:40 2004
Hi Hal....

 You probably didn't hear us because we quit early. The trip was a disaster.
Condx were terrible... I think we have only about 150 QSOs after operating for
8 hours. It wouldn't of been so bad if there was some activity from the US but
no one other than stations in EU even care about this contest !!!

  We had a bad storm go through Saturday afternoon around 4 PM and it knocked
the power out on the whole island. We waited around a few hours and then
decided to just take everything down at the campsite and call it quits and go
back to the hotel. We cleaned up and went to dinner on the mainland. We
operated a little using the mobile antennas when we got back from dinner but
both activity and conditions sucked so we just went back to the hotel and
crashed. The power didn't end up coming back on until about 10:30 PM.

I think we ended up with maybe 225 QSOs.... John should probably have a
complete report soon.....

                                  73, Jeff