[SECC] What does this question mean?

Subject: [SECC] What does this question mean?
From: ks4q at zingleman.com (Ernie Zingleman)
Date: Thu Aug 12 23:26:53 2004
I agree Jeff.  That is likely what it was about.

For those that are interested, you might want to check out the Inrad web
site
at http://www.qth.com/inrad/about-key-clicks.pdf

So many folks use the FT-1000MP in CW contesting that there seems to be
an undue focus on the 1000MP as being the worse when it comes
to key clicks.

In actuality, of the rigs that W2VJN looked at,  the K-2 is actually the
worse
for key clicks at 54 dB down at 1 kHz.  An Omni 6+ is 56 dB down.
An Icom 765 is 58 dB down. An unmodified 1000MP is 62 dB down.

George sells a kit for the FT-1000MP which I installed. I basically had to
take the entire radio apart and
do some tacking on of parts to surface mount circuits. George, W2VJN
measured the modified
MP key clicks at 72 to 73 dB below the carrier.

In the above referenced PDF, George states that if everyone ran a K2 with a
Kilowatt
amplifier, everyone after a CW contest weekend would be saying that
'something needs
to be done about those radios' much like they say about the 1000MP!

The bottom line to all this is that most all of the manufacturers out there
don't make neighborly CW
rigs anymore!

73, Ernie KS4Q