[SECC] NAQP SSB NJ8J Single Op LP

Subject: [SECC] NAQP SSB NJ8J Single Op LP
From: nj8j at arrl.net (Ben Coleman NJ8J)
Date: Sun Aug 22 23:58:09 2004

~                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5

- -------------------
~  160:
~   80:   16     9
~   40:   81    33
~   20:   29    22
~   15:
~   10:    1     1
- -------------------
Total:  127    65  Total Score = 8,255

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC Team 3

Comments:

Tx: Alinco DX-77T
Antennas: 100' Off-Center-Fed wire up 30'
~          Antron A99 up 30'

CW was definitely more enjoyable.  On the other hand, I expected a day
at Stone Mountain to make me miss this entirely, but the YL decided
she'd rather see a movie, and as a result I got to put in half-time.

I got started about 2340.  I had seen enough comments on the list to
know not to bother with 10 and 15, but I didn't really expect to take
the next 25 minutes to work 4 Qs on 20.  Even here at Bedsprings Brigade
Manor, 20 isn't usually that difficult.  Besides the lousy conditions, I
think it was just that all of the people who are usually spread out on
20 thru 10 were packed into 20, making competition for Qs more intense,
as I had less troubles later in the evening when 20 thinned out.  But 40
definitely became my primary band.  I actually managed to get a few
short runs going, something I didn't manage in the CW contest.

The one 10M Q came from K4XS noticing backscatter on 10, and moving a
few of us close stations there.

Ben