[SECC] Frances

Subject: [SECC] Frances
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Tue Sep 7 21:37:18 2004
I got real busy Labor day and with the help of the family cranked the tower
down.  I did not want the KT34XA third director (bent) to fall on a house.
I did lose the other 40 meter beam reflector cap hat in the wind but found
all the pieces on the ground.  Hopefully I can get the beams fixed before
the Oceania/VK/ZL Contest.  They are pointed on 20 degrees so can make a
few WAE and SAC contacts even with the beams just above the roof.

The 80 meters antennas made it through OK and it looks like the big MULTEE
for 160 is OK but the short half wave L has fallen about 15 feet and I will
have to get it back up after the leaves come off.

The biggest hit I took was a big tree branch snapped the 80 meter loop on
St. Simons plus took the nearby power pole so my sister was without power
for 36 hours.  St. Simons took a fairly hard hit and it lasted for almost
three days.  The house is near the highest point on the island so no
flooding problems thankfully.

Hope everyone else made out OK.

73 Dave K4JRB