[SECC] Spartan Sprint CW Sprint Monday Night Local Time

Subject: [SECC] Spartan Sprint CW Sprint Monday Night Local Time
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu Feb 3 09:58:54 2005
Spartan Sprint Contest Monday -

** See Special Note Below

The January Spartan Sprint will be held on February 7, 2005 (which is our
standard date--the first Monday of the month).  It's two hours of fun as you
contact other QRP CW stations on 80, 40, 20, 15, and/or 10 meters.

The contest starts at 9 pm EST, 8 pm CST, 7 pm MST, and 6 pm PST and
runs for
two hours.   That's 0200-0400 UTC.  The contest is Monday night, even
though the
UTC is Tuesday morning.

The Spartan Sprint exchange is RST - State - Power (e.g. 559 MI 5W).

Contest details and rules are at
www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/spartan_sprints/ss_rules_new.html

We will continue our special recognition for those who operate outdoors.
  If you
operate outdoors, please note it in your Soapbox comments after the contest.

After the contest report your summary and score at the autolog at
www.ARSqrp.com/ars/ss_log.html

In your Soapbox comments after the contest, start by listing your radio and
antenna.  We think everyone would be interested in this information.

** Special Note:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We are asking that you note your state, province, or country as part of your
callsign when you fill out the autolog.  Several members would like to
compare
scores with others in their area.

The easiest way to do this is to append that info to your callsign in
the "Your
Call" box of the autolog.  For example, NA8M in Michigan would enter
'NA8M-MI'
in the "Your Call" box.  VE3ELA in Ontario would enter 'VE3ELA-ON'.

If you are using the Spartan Sprint Logger, just enter the callsign with
QTH on
the Sprint Web Submit screen as above.  It will be automatically entered
on the
web site when you hit 'Submit'.

Good luck on Monday!

73 de NA8M