[SECC] RE: [CQ-Contest] CW Sprint vs RTTY Contest QRM

Subject: [SECC] RE: [CQ-Contest] CW Sprint vs RTTY Contest QRM
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue Feb 8 09:47:15 2005
No.  The February Sprints changed several years ago from CW first
weekend to SSB first weekend.  I think this was to avoid a CW contest
conflict with the FOC Marathon.  They do not alternate.  However, it
would only be a matter of degree anyway, since the LMRE RTTY Contest is
the first weekend of February.  I was only able to use about 7 to 8 khz
of the General Class CW band in the FOC Marathon during the height of
the opening during that LMRE RTTY Contest.  I think the CQ WPX RTTY
Contest would probably bring out more RTTY activity and may cover a
longer period of time.  Since we are interested only in 4 hours on
Saturday night, it makes a difference only in the number of participants
during those four hours.  73, John, K4BAI.