[SECC] Claimed Score CQ 160 SSB Contest, K4BAI

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Score CQ 160 SSB Contest, K4BAI
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:12:08 -0500
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.7

Total:  QSOs = 112  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 4  Total Score = 9,065

FT1000MP, Alpha 78/AL811H, 80 meter inverted vee fed through an antenna
tuner as
if it were an end-fed wire.  Seem to have burned up something in the
Alpha 78
attempting to get it tuned up for the contest.  Later discovered it
still works
OK above 1900 khz.  Had to use the smaller AL811H for QSOs below 1900 khz.

Nice to work a few Caribbean stations and hear a few others.  XE1RCS had a
consistent good signal and good ears.  KP4KE had an amazing signal for
QRP, but
never could hear me well enough to copy even a part of my call.  Heard a
very
loud DJ4 calling CQ, but got no response from him even though no one
else in USA
seemed to be calling.  Think that was DJ4PT.

This can be a fun contest from a well-equipped station, but is a bit
frustrating
and boring from one without good antennas for 160.

73,

John, K4BAI.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/