[SECC] Article VII

Subject: [SECC] Article VII
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (K4SB)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 02:48:22 +0000
Robert Higgins wrote:
>   Can you withdraw a motion after it has ben made and seconded?

There is nothing in our BLs which requires a second. And although
balloting may be open or sent privatly to John, the posted results are
secret.

> Effectively the first supporting vote (which has been cast) is a second. I
> have
> never been part of an organization that allows a motion to be withdrawn in
> the middle of voting on it. Once voting begins it must be completed and
> the motion approved or defeated. It seems to me that if the motion is
> approved your next step would be to move for reintatement of Aricle VII.
-------------

Well, to my knowledge, there has not been a second. I would suggest
you check out
"Robert's Rules of Order". Or as another good example, that bunch of
clowns in the
US Congress.

Or are you suggesting that once a motion is made, it may not be
amended or withdrawn.

If such is the case, I would point out that the wording of our
Constitution and ByLaws
have been posted on the reflector, and wording amended by many
suggestions. Even Article
VII was amended before the final vote.

73
Ed