[SECC] Field Day and W4AN

Subject: [SECC] Field Day and W4AN
From: MossDJ at INPO.org (Moss, Dave J (INPO))
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:23:44 -0400
Jeff, et al

I'm not sure how to say it any more clearly, but N4N isn't interested in
competing with folks for the club call.  Never were, never will be.  The
suggestion was made in response to an email asking if anyone in SECC was
planning a FD operation that Chris might join up with, as he had
requested use of the club call.  I think my email made it abundantly
clear that we might be willing to do that ONLY if NOBODY else planned to
use the call, and if Chris joined in our effort.  It would only have
been as a gesture of respect.  If even one person has the tiniest of
reasons why that idea wasn't optimal, then it just isn't worth even
discussing, and I think I've made it clear that the idea is no longer
being considered, period. So let's let it go.

As for being disrespectful, I'd ask you to rethink that.  Ours has been
the top operation in GA that last two years, so I'm not sure how being
among the best is disrespectful, especially since the offer would only
have applied if no other person or group was going to put in an effort
at all in what is currently THE most popular contest (in terms of number
of participants).

In any case, we're not interested in using any call other than N4N.
Haggle all you want over it, but please leave us out of it.  I'm sorry I
ever made the offer.

Dave KE4UW