[SECC] OK, what did you guys do?

Subject: [SECC] OK, what did you guys do?
From: aldermant at alltel.net (Tommy)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:36:40 -0400
Bill,

This is not a 'personal' shot, but having read all of the SECC post over the
past three weeks or longer, I think this one is the most mis-guided post
I've read.

Since the SECC use's the reflector to express opinions on how the SECC
functions and how it's operated, it is the appropriate place to express
one's opinion? I don't think it is possible to try to make constructive
suggestions about SECC rules/functions/operations with out one or two or
three people thinking they are being personally being attacked. There is
nothing the membership nor the club officers can do about folks with 'thin
skin', so to speak.

I can't recall too many meetings I have ever attended where something
controversial was NOT brought up, someone almost always got angered if it
does not 'go their way'.

If you ask the membership to not speak their mind, aren't you asking
everyone to accept the status-quo? If the SECC accepts the status-quo then
you will receive another resignation very soon.

The only way the SECC can survive and improve is through change!

Tommy

W4BQF

Since the Charter of the South East Contest Club is to encourage
participation in Contesting -- it would appear that alienating others
does not fit.

I would ask the membership to examine their own behavior and their
on-line messages, and self-censure anything that would cause further
discord.

Thank you.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901