[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:28:39 -0400
1.  CQM Contest.
No reports, but KU8E was active.

2.  VOLTA RTTY.
AA4LR   28       0        28    SOABLP   1.8 hrs.  I assume Bill had
some multipliers and his score is actually higher than reported.

3.  Mid Atlantic QSO Party.
Call    CW Q   Ph Q   Mults   Score      Category     Time
N4PN    184    387    231     154,539    LP           20
NA4BW    20     11     18         918    QRP           4
W4NTI     9      3     12         288    HP            2
AC4CS    14      9     12         276    HP            2:09
K4BAI    21      5      ?           0    Check Log    ~2.5

I was out of town for most of the weekend and didn't read the rules
carefully.  I ran about 500 watts and discovered after the contest that
everyone was limited to 200 watts, so I submitted a check log only and
didn't figure the multiplier total.  Obviously either W4NTI or AC4CS
must have misfigured the score since AC4CS's QSOs exceed those of W4NTI.
Band conditions were, as most of you know, pretty bad for the weekend.
They were certainly bad for the last part, when I was at home.  I was
able to work only one Mid Am station on 20 M and that was N4BAA and it
took about ten minutes for him to finally acknowledge me and my
exchange.  Signals were weak on 40 and skip was too long for some of the
Mid Am areas.  Signals were OK on 80, but the QRN level was very high.
By limiting the maximum permissible power, the sponsors therefore limit
the number of possible QSOs, especially during bad band conditions.  I
hope they will rethink this limitation.

This weekend, a number of us will be in Dayton and I hope we will meet
there.

Tonight (Wednesday), there is a QRP contest from 8:30 to 10:30 PM EDT on
80 and 40 CW with a multiplier for hand key and bug operation.  I will
be trying to do two hours with a hand key again, SO2R, with 5 watts
output.  Please call in and laugh at my fist.  See:
http://www.arm-tek.net/~yoel/sprint_0505.html.

73,

John, K4BAI.