[SECC] Looking for 365pf receiving variable

Subject: [SECC] Looking for 365pf receiving variable
From: w4dd at arrl.net (Jeff)
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 22:56:33 -0400
I'm looking for a 365pf Receiving variable capacitor like the kind they used
in old tube radio sets (probably other radio sets too).  I think they were 2
independent gangs that when tied together will provide about 365pf.

Why would anyone want one of these?  I'm trying to help an elderly gentleman
receive a distant AM station.  I was reading some articles on the
construction of tuned loops and then coupling them to an AM radio.  It
hopefully will also provide some rejection to get rid of the stations I
don't want to hear.  Other ideas are welcome.

Jeff W4DD