[SECC] Kure Island DXpedition Request for Assistance

Subject: [SECC] Kure Island DXpedition Request for Assistance
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:21:26 -0400
Hello DXers:

This is a special bulletin regarding the upcoming DXpedition to KURE
ATOLL - K7C.  Attached is a News Release outlining the objectives of the
DXpedition.

Steve, VE7CT is looking for stations, primarily in the central and
eastern United States, to act as "RELAY STATIONS" for the DXpedition.
These are not the typical "PILOT STATIONS" but rather stations who have
certain capabilities to assist the DXpedition in providing information
to the DX community during the operation.

Here are the basic requirements:

Basically, we want to have more interaction from the 'Deserving' via
relay stations at various locations around the world.  These relay
stations would be hams capable of recording information audio as well as
perhaps JPEG pictures to send to the team and to be accessed on a common
website by anyone with Internet access.  Correspondingly, the team will
be sending similar types of information to the web site for
dissemination to the 'Deserving' as well.   A certain amount of
screening will be necessary by the relay stations as well as by a Web
Master to be appointed.

We will need someone who has a good station setup with facilities for
recording as well as the means to send it to a web site known only to
them, for further transmission to the common website.

We will need someone who has a good station setup with facilities for
recording as well as the means to send it to a web site known only to
them, for further transmission to the common website.

We also would like some input of ideas from the relay stations as to
what they think the DXers would like to see or hear.  We do not expect
recordings of pileups which everyone knows how they sound but, for
example a short recording of how we sound in a specific location on 160
meters might be of interest.  As well, the relay stations would act in a
similar manner as pilot stations advising us as to what areas in the
world are open on specific bands etc.  They will not be used as 'list
takers' or MC's in order to insure a contact with anyone.

Further details can be read on our website http://www.cordell.org Click
on Kure Atoll...Contents, then on Relay Stations ...additional details.
  Also on DXA which is the name given to the concept for further
information.

If you believe you have the capabilities described above, contact Steve,
VE7CT by email?.
Steve Wright _ve7ct_ at shaw.ca

GL/73,
Carl Smith, N4AA
Editor/Publisher
QRZ DX and The DX Magazine
Web site: http://www.dxpub.com
Phone/FAX:  828-683-0709     TOLL FREE:  877-397-8254
DX Column  Editor for  CQ Magazine