[SECC] Announcement , IOTA Contest, July 30-31

Subject: [SECC] Announcement , IOTA Contest, July 30-31
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:39:22 -0400
The IOTA Contest takes place over the weekend of 30/31 July (1200-1200).
All are invited to participate. Everyone works everyone, but island
contacts are worth significantly more points and islands are also
multipliers. The contest is always popular, with many expeditions to
semi-rare and rare islands, allowing participants to increase their
score towards the wide range of IOTA awards. To facilitate this, we are
working towards allowing contacts made in the contest (provided both
logs have been received by the adjudicators) to count towards IOTA
awards without the need for QSL cards.

The rules are essentially unchanged from last year except that the SWL
section has been dropped, as a result of significantly lower
participation in recent years. The rules do, however, spell out more
clearly than before the format for Cabrillo logs which, while not
mandatory, are preferred. Nevertheless, we are retaining the two-stage
submission process introduced last year, whereby you receive a
confirmation e-mail for your log asking you to go to a web page to
validate your category, etc. This is simply because, if you use a
logging program which doesn't overtly support the IOTA contest, your
header information may not be sufficient to give us all the data we
need. The process should not take more than a minute or so.

The full rules can be found
at:http://www.contesting.co.uk/hfcc/iota.shtml or via www.rsgbhfcc.org

We look forward to your participation in the contest and receiving your
log in due course. Photos and write-ups are also appreciated for the web
site - to either of the e-mail addresses below please.

Any questions can be addressed to iotacontest at rsgbhfcc.org or directly
to me.

73 Don G3XTT
IOTA Contest Manager