[SECC] IOTA Contest Operation by K4BAI and KU8E this weekend.

Subject: [SECC] IOTA Contest Operation by K4BAI and KU8E this weekend.
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:01:52 -0400
Jeff, KU8E, and I are planning a small IOTA expedition this weekend,
similar to our trip last year to St. George Island, FL.  We will be low
power with mobile or portable antennas and probably mostly CW.  We will
start the contest on Jekyll Island, GA and will sign either KU8E/P or
KU8E/4.  If the contest gets slow in the middle of the day, we will
probably drive to Amelia Island, FL, where we will sign W4AN, our SECC
club call.  In between, while on the mainland, we will be QRV using the
call K4BAI/M. Ask if you have doubt as to the operator's ID.

We will also be QRV on the CW County Hunters' Net frequencies 14056.5,
7039, 10114, and 21056.5 on the way over Friday afternoon local time and
on the way back Sunday afternoon.  We will probably be QRV also in the
QRP Flight of the Bumblebees contest as K4BAI/M on Sunday afternoon,
1700 to 2100Z.  I'll apply for a Bumblebee number to make it more
interesting.

Hope everyone has a good week and weekend.  The propagation forecast for
the weekend looks pretty good with the expectation that the conditions
experienced around July 4 will return.

There will be many island expeditions out, particularly in Europe, and
this will be a fun event for anyone with propagation to Europe.

161,

John, K4BAI.