[SECC] Claimed Scores Last Weekend's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores Last Weekend's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:05:37 -0400
1.  Great Lakes Sweepstakes
Call  CW Q  CW M   Ph Q  Ph M   Score    Time   Category
N4PN  23    6      703   30     27,114   34     SOHP
K4BAI  1    1        1    1          ?    0:05  SOHP

I would have worked any other Great Lakes station I heard in the
contest, but there weren't any to be found.  There was a great deal of
publicity on this one and a lot of thought put into it, but not even the
members of the sponsoring club showed up to speak of.  I suspect the
length of the contest (48 hours) has something to do with it and there
just isn't any interest in the Great Lakes states in something regional
like this.  W4AN used to suggest that we ditch out separate QSO parties
in the US fourth region and replace it with one grand contest.  The New
England guys did that successfully, but their individual state QSO
parties were already all but dead.  I was afraid if we did what Bill
suggested, we would end up with an "event" like the Great Lakes SS
turned out to be.  Less activity this year than last.  Congratulations
to Paul for persevering in spite of low activity and bad band conditions.

2.  NCCC Thursday CW Sprint
K4BAI   44   14     616    0:29  LP   SO2R

My highest score yet.  Head someone working Van, N5VI, but didn't hear
him and missed the GA mult again.

73,

John, K4BAI.