[SECC] GQP Check Scores on Web Site

Subject: [SECC] GQP Check Scores on Web Site
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 07:44:35 -0700 (PDT)
At the suggestion of Jeff, KU8E, I have made the scores available for checking
on the GQP web site.
I have changed the "Logs Received" page to be a full list "by Score" for
checking.
Any problems can be reported to me directly at mrcne4s at attglobal.net, which
is also a hyperlink on the word "Scorer" on the page.

Jeff actually suggested a special link, with a reference posted here but I
think this will work too.  TU Jeff.

The listing is by SCORE, all classes, so you may have to scan around to find
your entry.
These are calculated scores in the case of Email logs.  Mults and Points may
vary from your computations... Please count and check carefully any
differences, and send a note.
Paper logs received a visual inspection, count, summarized, and were
recalculated for score.

Things to note:
Note there are no "/M". "/4" or other suffixes on the calls...

KM7DX changed to LP from HP.

DX is not a multiplier....

GA to GA stations should have exchanged GA instead of County and count one
multiplier for first "GA" on that mode.

County abbreviations are 4 characters, except LEE.  There were many 3 chars in
logs.
I am aliasing 3 chars to 4 chars where it is not ambiguous.

One log used 3 points per CW Q, resulting in a 33 Percent change.  CW Qs = 2
Pts.

Most logs were 0 difference to claimed, some 1-4 percent, few over 5 percent.
Changes were both higher and lower roughly equally.

If an entry did not include a summary sheet, or claimed a score in the
Cabrillo, I did not know if the claimed vs. calculated score was at variance
and assumed 0 difference.

I have "fixed" or "revised" some of the above, and other, situations in the
spirit of a "QSO Party", the aim to be receptive, and inclusive for
participation.  This is done in the DB only, not original logs.

Next year, I plan to "check score" logs as recieved, and post them as the page
is now.  This can help spot things earlier.  And, scores will be at least a
month earlier next year... the tools are there now and do not have to be
rebuilt.

Full Score Finals and Web update for show are in the works....  In a few days.

Thanks for the help in making the final result as accurate as possible.

73,
Mike, NE4S

Please use mrcne4s at attglobal.net as my address.
Be well,