[SECC] NAQP SSB W4BW Single Op LP

Subject: [SECC] NAQP SSB W4BW Single Op LP
From: w4bw at w4bw.net (Bob Wilson)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:03:12 -0400
           North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W4BW
Operator(s): W4BW
Station: W4BW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Stockbridge, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    2     2
   80:  155    39
   40:  280    44
   20:   96    31
   15:    5     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  538   118  Total Score = 63,484

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

The NAQP is a great contest both times it is run each year, but August does pose
the usual summer challenges with conditions.  I really like the format of the
NAQP, scoring, length, required off-times, etc..

Unfortunately, I learned a valuable lesson this session...check all your
antennas before the 'test.  At 10 pm I learned that my 160m dipole was VERY
bad...so bad that I only made 2 Q's on a poor substitute antenna.  Today, I
found one leg lying on the ground.  If only I had checked yesterday, 5 mins of
repair in the daylight would have made it usable.  This certainly cost me some
valuable Q's and mults!  Lesson learned - check ALL the antennas before the
'test!

And I really need to get a Tri-Bander up soon...Wires in the trees only go so
far!

See ya'll in Jan...

Bob Wilson - W4BW