[SECC] Welcome New SECC Members!

Subject: [SECC] Welcome New SECC Members!
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 07:52:46 -0400
Please join me in welcoming the following new members to the South
East Contest Club:

W4QO - Jim Stafford. Jim joined in May. He enjoys WPX, CQWW,
Sweepstakes, ARRL DX, the GQP and all QRP contests. That certainly
will keep you busy, Jim. (Jim doesn't know it, but he used to work
with my mother-in-law Marie Pendley at BellSouth for many years)

WW4LL - Fred Dennin. Fred elected to leave the club a few months ago,
but then had change of heart and re-joined in June. Welcome back, Fred.

W4IS - Marshall Thigpen. Marshall joined in June. He didn't list any
favorite contests, so we'll just assume he likes them all.

N4PGW - Buck McDaniel. Buck joined in June. He says he is new to
contesting, and this is the first year he's tried since the Novice
Roundup in 1979.

K4SDJ - Stephen Jonas. Stephen joined in June. He was formerly
KE4WAQ. Stephen lists no favorite contests, so we'll make the normal
assumption.

W4SWJ - Susanne Jonas. Susanne joined the day after Stephen, so I'll
assume they are releated. She's formerly KF4EPJ. She doesn't list any
favorite contests - so she must like them all.

N4AVM - Jerry Gault. Jerry joined in July, and enjoys all 6 meter
contests, and hopes to join the weak-signal fun on 2 meters really soon.

K4ZJ - Dennis Morris. Dennis joined in August. He really likes Phone
and RTTY contests, including the CQWW, ARRL and NAQP contests in
these modes. Dennis is formerly WA4ZJJ, WA4JAO and WN4JAO.

N8QGC - John Sheets. John joined in August. He lists the ARRL SS and
DX contests, as well as the CQWW as his favorites. Certainly are a
lot of people who agree.

Gentlemen (and lady), if you haven't already done so, I suggest you
go to the SECC web site at <http://secc.contesting.com> and follow
the instructions to join our e-mail reflector. There we have a
perpetual, daily meeting on contesting and related topics.

With the upcoming start of the contest season, I want to remind both
new members and the existing membership about the SECC bylaws. To
maintain your membership in good standing, you should plan to operate
at least two contests that credit the SECC in the upcoming year.

That shouldn't be hard - just remember that anything counts - NAQP or
Sprint teams, too. You don't have to turn in a big score - merely
participate. Besides, contesting is fun.

Welcome to the SECC!

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901