[SECC] VK9X plans

Subject: [SECC] VK9X plans
From: kb4et at gtcom.net (Dave - KB4ET)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:01:45 -0500
FYI - This Fwd from the FCG reflector. 73 & good hunting - Dave - KB4ET
The following is a note received from David, VK2CZ/VK9XD about this
weekends Oceania DX Contest and his upcoming visit to Christmas Island for
WW  SSB.

"I will be active in the Oceania DX contest on both 40m and 20m this  weekend
(I think 8.00z Sat to 8.00z Sunday), and will be using "THE" half wave  40m
vertical on SSB.

I leave VK mainland on 23 October.. not too far now, and both Charlie (W0YG
/ VK9XG) and I will be giving it our all.  Charlie loves his CW/RTTY on the
lower bands.. and me, SSB from 160m to 10m.   I'm confident you will  get the
double mult  (Zone 29 + VK9X) for the CQWW SSB on at least 2 bands  - with
really quite decent antennas on all bands. It is still a portable  operation
however."