[SECC] K4OGG CWSS

Subject: [SECC] K4OGG CWSS
From: jpryor at uga.edu (Jay Pryor)
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:47:00 -0500
I started as I always do by calling CQ on 20M.  My third caller was KL7FH,
which gave me a boost from the start and made me think I might mess up my
record of countless CWSS contests with no clean sweep.  Alas, the record is
intact as I missed VY1JA.  As mentioned in an earlier email, I heard J on
15M at 5:30 p.m. Saturday but there was a pileup and he was not all that
loud, so I knew I would be very weak on his end, and I moved on.  Other
than VY1,  worked at least two stations in every section except for one
station in PR and Pac.

As many years as I've worked the CWSS it is still a kick for me to be
called by W1AW.  Kudos to the guys who put the station on the air.  It is
also great fun to hear the familiar callsigns.  Guys I've never met and
never had a "real" QSO with, but guys (and maybe gals) whose callsigns are
familiar because of contesting.

AA4GA said he's rusty.  If Lee did that well when he's rusty, watch out
when he gets in his groove!

24 Hours -- 2R -- Low Power

Here's the summary:

    80CW       38          38         76       3
    40CW      541         541       1082      30
    20CW      235         235        470      37
    15CW       52          52        104       9
    10CW        6           6         12       0

  Totals      872         872       1744      79

     Final Score = 137776 points.