[SECC] Circle AGAIN!

Subject: [SECC] Circle AGAIN!
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:44:03 -0500
Hi Tom:  The circle as published on the webpage is used for any contest
that it isn't voted on to change it.  I think we have just one alternate
that moves the circle south and west and would include you and K4WI, who
has resigned from the club.  We have voted to move it when W4OC didn't
intend to compete for the club as it moves him out of the circle.  We
have learned from ARRL that we can't move it in the middle of a contest
where only one club competition is used for two contests, such as
Sweepstakes, where CW and Phone scores are added together for one
competition.  So, we can't use one circle for CW and one for Phone if
the scores are to be added together for one club competition.  Other
than that, we can vote to move it whenever we want.  W4OC is primarily
involved in Sweepstakes CW, as far as club compeition is concerned,
according to my memory.

I think the best procedure is to ask Don, W4OC, if he intends to be
active in an upcoming competition and ask for a vote to move the circle
if he does not.  There may be another one or two SC stations who would
be affected, but they have not contributed many points to club
competitions for SECC and have not objected to moving the circle in the
past.

Remember that the circle requirement doesn't apply to the CQ 160 contest
club competition and is never a requirement for team membership, such as
teams for NAQP and NA Sprint contests.

73,

John, K4BAI.