[SECC] Circle

Subject: [SECC] Circle
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (k4sb@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:34:07 +0000
Perhaps it would be a good idea for one of the group ( read K4BAI ) to
post a message to all asking who intends to operate a particular
contest.

If no replies are received from anyone who has a large influence on the
"circle", then it could be adjusted to include someone who will be
participating.

Someone mentioned the circle would be best served by moving it Weat and
South. Actually, as it now stands, it need to be moved only slightly to
the West. Not much of a move, but it does bring several AL members into
the circle, and does not affect anyone presently in the circle, except
of course, to move them toward the 175 mile limit. In my propramming, I
have it set up that such a move cannot displace anyone beyond 173 miles.

For example , W4OC ( God bless him for my SC Qso ) could never be moved
greater than 173 miles from the new center in order to bring someone
else in.

This program compensates for the "squeezing" of the Earth at it's N and
S poles, and is accurate to several decimal places.

Just an idea

73
Ed