[SECC] category

Subject: [SECC] category
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:02:16 -0500
On Nov 9, 2005, at 11:36 AM, <ku8e at bellsouth.net>
<ku8e at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I should look something like this. Do NOT take out CW !!!
> The "U" class is really SOA...
>
> START-OF-LOG:  2.0
> CATEGORY:      SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED ALL LOW CW

According to the spec:
"CATEGORY: operator-category band-category power-category [mode-
category]

For HF contests the operator-category must be one of the following:
SINGLE-OP, SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED, MULTI-ONE, MULTI-TWO, MULTI-MULTI,
SCHOOL-CLUB (ARRL-SS-CW and ARRL-SS-SSB only), SWL, or CHECKLOG. For
VHF contests the operator-category must be one of the following:
SINGLE-OP, SINGLE-OP-PORTABLE, ROVER, MULTI-LIMITED, MULTI-UNLIMITED
or CHECKLOG.

For HF contests the band-category must be one of the following: ALL,
160M, 80M, 40M, 20M, 15M or 10M. For VHF contests the band-category
must be one of the following: ALL or LIMITED.

The power-category must be HIGH, LOW or QRP.

The mode-category must be CW, SSB or MIXED and is only permitted for
single operator entries in multi-mode contests that permit single
mode entries such as IARU-HF and the 10 Meter Contest."

The last paragraph is important. The mode-category specifier is ONLY
permitted for multi-mode contest.

Do NOT include the mode for Sweepstakes. The mode is already
specified in the CONTEST:  tag (eg ARRL-SS-CW or ARRL-SS-SSB).
Putting it in again may cause it to be rejected.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901