[SECC] GL & Fun in SS Phone!

Subject: [SECC] GL & Fun in SS Phone!
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:27:03 -0500
OK, we've got 23 logs from SS CW, 19 people who plan to be active in
SS Phone. That's rockin'!

Good news -- the ARRL propagation predictions yesterday indicated
there's a sunspot group that has moved around to face the earth as of
yesterday. Solar flux is over 100, and while it means potentially
unsettled conditions saturday, it increases the likelihood that 10
and 15 will be useful, which means 20 will likely go short. Having
short propagation on 20 is a requirement for good scores in this part
of the world for phone contests (since there's so much QRM on 40m)

Reminder: All you guys in U or M categories - be sure to spot your
fellow club members! Us single ops will plan to check DX Summit after
the contest, so, we'll know you spotted us. Thanks in advance.

If you are only on part time, consider the B or U categories, if you
think it might improve your score.

Good luck everyone, and have fun!

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901