[SECC] SS ssb

Subject: [SECC] SS ssb
From: wa4tt at nlamerica.com (John Vickers)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:27:18 -0500
Approx 25 years ago, I more or less quit "fone" operating. Over the weekend
I S&Pd a bit and worked more ssb Qs than I have in all those years since.
For the past few yrs my hearing has diminished some. CW pileups all sound
like some of this new digital stuff on the bands now, just buzzing and
howling. But I didn't realize just how bad my ears were until trying to copy
exchanges in ssb SS.

I gained a new respect for the top notch phone men that operate these
contest. I found myself swl'ing quite a lot and, you guys are "D--- Good".
Congrats to all.
SO HP part time
80   186
40     41
20     50
15     45
10     03
        325x2= 650 x 76 = 49,400 pts claimed
logged / pencil & paper, so may have a dupe or 2. Maybe not. Was surprised
again this weekend at only missing 4 sections without cluster help. Needed
PAC, NL,QC, and NWT.
73 es tnx for the fun, John WA4TT

Rig: Omni 6+ & 4-400A @ 400W
Ant: 250 ft ctr fed @ 35 ft