[SECC] (no subject)

Subject: [SECC] (no subject)
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (k4sb@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:21:32 +0000
I don't normally say too much in these emails, but I feel like I need to
make one comment.  I was appalled at the operating habits of some of the
contesters that I listened to in the pileups.  In most of the pileups I
noticed that the operators would repeatedly send their calls over and
over sometimes even while the DX station was transmitting. That makes it
especially difficult to complete the exchange with a weak DX station.
-----------
And I could not agree more with those comments. Although I worked only
40 meters, the operating manners were the worst I have ever seen.

I completely fail to understand why a station would call again when the
DX station is transmitting. Either you hear the DX or you do not.

In regard to my comments on 1 landers, I cannot understand why they seem
to think they can just jump onto a frequency with a DX station present
and with a high S meter reading for there endless CQs.

And in all fairness, there were more than a few 2s doing the same thing,
and a couple of 3s.

BTW, the next time any of you want to complain about the RTTY contests,
there were people operating from 7.060 to well over 7.1 on CW, and I
didn't hear one complaint from the RTTY guys.

Just remember that on the next major RTTY contest.

Fine scores by everyone.

73
Ed