[SECC] CQ WW results QRP and more

Subject: [SECC] CQ WW results QRP and more
From: w4qo at amsat.org (Jim Stafford)
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:01:07 -0500
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4QO
Operator(s): W4QO
Station: W4QO

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Roswell, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.25

160: 0 0 0
80: 0 0 0
40: 17 10 14
20: 83 18 54
15: 0 0 0
10: 0 0 0
------------------------------
Total: 100 28 68 Total Score = 25,725

Rig: K2   Antenna: 80M loop at 35'

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:  61 unigue countries.  7.25 hours

Conditions did seem rather poor.  I worked my friend FP/K8DD.  Golly it
had to be cold there off Nova Scotia.  Hank, K8DD is a long time
Director of QRP ARCI and coordinator of the FDIM rooms each year at
Dayton for past decade.  Hope to see some SECC folks there in 2006, our
11th year.  We are now the 2nd largest booking group at Dayton with over
150 rooms and banquet, seminars all day Thursday, vendor night Friday
night, etc, etc.  Hint: It's not just about the radios!

I worked 9 new QRP countries counting from May 1, 2004.  Some were
pretty basic like Luxembourg but if you don't gottem, they're new.
Started on May 1, 2004 using N3FJP logging and contest software to see
how many countries on QRP I could work, now at 101 since then, so now I
can apply for the ARRL QRP DXCC award I guess.  I have about 25 or 30
more all time QRP.  Why is it that I got a VK on the first call, R1ANL
on the third call (both were S2) and HC8N (S9) couldn't hear me?
Weird.  I amswered his CQ about 6 times and gave up; got him first call
next day.   Hmmmm..

BTW does anyone else use N3FJP software for anything?  I rather like it
because he supports the QRP contests but the CW sent with it seems very
"jerky"/needs a lot more weight.  I was wondering if there is a fix for
that.  I'll email FJP and see what he says.  Since I'm all H&P, I don't
need the program to do the CW, I use the Superkeyer anyway.

Jim Stafford W4QO Roswell, GA USA  w4qo.com          FDIM 2006 chairman
Past President-QRP ARCI & #6515  www.qrparci.org   QRP-F Moderator
NoGaQRP-Charter member!  www.nogaqrp.org  ECI-QRP #29(Indiana)
G-QRP#7388    MI QRP#697    FP#21     FISTS#7499    QRP-L#267

The internet never ceases to amaze me, and neither
does QRP for that matter!  de W4QO/QRP