[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, Dec 2005 Spartan QRP CW Sprint

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, Dec 2005 Spartan QRP CW Sprint
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:50:44 -0500
This contest runs 9 to 11 PM ET the first Monday of each month.  It is a
lot of fun.  Claimed scores are submitted electronically on a
honor-system basis.  Scores are reported two ways:  the normal way
without regard to weight of the ham gear used and also factored by the
weight of the ham gear, including tx, tuner, key, keyer, paddle, etc.
It is amazing what people can do with very lightweight ham gear.  I
always enter with 5 watts in the "tubby" class, meaning 30 pounds or
over.  These contests will be more fun for us if there are more people
to work, particularly in the local area for 80 meters and sometimes 40
meters.  I post an announcement each month and I hope more of you will
participate next year.  I have kept a running record of my scores for
the last 11 months and you might find them to be interesting as
reflecting the changing band conditions.

Beginning in May, they are all SO2R.  Interestingly, my highest score
was in April with 89 QSOs using SO1R.  However, I am confident that SO2R
would have increased the score that month also.  This is a great way to
practice your SO2R skills without having to worry too much about
filters, etc., since the power output is so low.

Month    80M  40M  20M  15M  10M  All
Feb      29   49    8    0    0   86
Mar      19   40    0    0    0   59
Apr      19   37   33    0    0   89
May      14   45   29    0    0   88
Jun       0   24   41    0    0   65
Jul       2   21   31    0    0   54
Aug       4   37   29    0    0   70
Sep       4   41   21    0    0   66
Oct      14   27    0    0    0   41
Nov      24   17    8    0    0   49
Dec      29   26    3    0    0   58

The scores are to be submitted promptly and a summary is sent to each
participant by Wednesday following the Sprint.

Also, remember the QRP fox hunt on 80 meters (3550-3570) tonight from
02Z to 0330Z.  There will be two foxes, one below 3560 and one above
3560, each from different areas of the country.  Last week, I got on
about 0225Z and worked both foxes within about 3 minutes.  They were
K0EVZ (NM) and VA3NR (ON).  This was the first week for the 80M fox
hunts, so you haven't missed but one week on this band.  40M fox hunts
are held from 7030 to 7050 on Thursday nights local the same times.

73,  John, K4BAI.

Log received!

73 de NA8M
John