[SECC] W4UK Operating desk design

Subject: [SECC] W4UK Operating desk design
From: jeflanders at comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:53:56 +0000
About a year ago, I made a new operating workstation based on two
"Gorilla rack" shelving
units with custom additions in the form of a desk space add-on.

I have been using it for about a year now and am still pleased with
it. Anybody looking for a versatile, functional desk (especially for
SO2R) or for the XYL's hobby/crafts workstation might want to have a look.

The shelving units were from Sam's Club - $60 each.

It has a "industrial" look, but then I never have been able to avoid
that in my shack anyway.

My local club's website has photographs and details at:
http://home.comcast.net/~ke4vvr/W4UK_Station.doc

Example of storage shelves at:
<http://www.gorillarack.com/products/storage/Storage.htm>http://www.gorillarack.com/products/storage/Storage.htm
Two are required plus one 4x8 3/4" sheet of particle board.

Jerry W4UK