[SECC] QRP Fox Hunt Tonight

Subject: [SECC] QRP Fox Hunt Tonight
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:16:58 -0500
Hello friends:

Tonight, on 80 meters, there will be a QRP fox hunt.  There will be two
"foxes," myself and W7KPW.  We will each be somewhere between 3550 and
3570 khz, running 5 watts and our best 80-meter antennas.  We will call
CQ Fox and, at least for the first part of the period, listen off
frequency, probably up one.  A typical call would be CQ FOX DE K4BAI UP
1.  The exchange is call, RST, SPC, Name, and power output.  The hounds
will be running 5 watts or less.  The period is 0200 to 0330 UTC, or 9
PM to 10:30 PM EDT.  I will be glad to work any of you who might take
the time to give a call.  If so, I hope you will work W7KPW too.  This
would be a good time to become acquainted with this aspect of QRP
operating.  There is a qfox reflector.  This will be the last night of
the 80 meter fox hunts, but they continue until early March on Thursday
nights at the same time on 40 meters between 7030 and 7050.

73,

John, K4BAI.