[SECC] NJ4U - CQWW RTTY WPX

Subject: [SECC] NJ4U - CQWW RTTY WPX
From: k4ea at contesting.com (Neal Sulmeyer)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:23:40 -0500
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NJ4U
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: SO2R HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

    80:  196   482
    40:  356  1148
    20:  315   651
    15:  364   839
    10:    7    18
-----------------
Total: 1224 3138  Prefixes = 488  Total Score = 1,531,344

Club: South East Contest Club

Not having a decent 20m antenna really hurts in the contest. My only 20m
antenna is an extended double Zep with reflector at 35' pointed north
east.  When it works, it works great!  The coax feed line crapped out on
me about an hour into my run Saturday morning.  (You may recall that the
ladder line broke at the feed point during the NAQP.)  It was pouring
rain, so I did nothing about it until Sunday morning, after 15m died
down to Europe.  I ended up stealing the feedline from my 80m vertical.
Needless to say, once back on 20M, the rate was good and quickly added
some 200 QSO's there.  As usual, 15M was good for me (well, as good as
can be expected with SF at 75).  I actually had a JA run for about 30
minutes Saturday evening.  The biggest frustration was all the DX on 40
and 80 that I could easily copy that could not hear me!  I need to
remedy that problem.